Love the taste or hate it, apple cider vinegar has some pretty incredible health benefits. Made from fermented apples, research on this potent liquid has revealed promising results,some evidence also suggests that consuming apple cider vinegar may be useful in helping people with diabetes to control their blood sugar levels, not to mention aiding weight loss. It can also soothe a sore throat and may relieve other symptoms of the flu, like nasal congestion and cough.The benefits of apple cider vinegar come from it’s powerful healing compounds, which include acetic acid, potassium, magnesium, probiotics and enzymes.
Read on for some more reasons why you should add it to your health routine
With the ‘Mother’
Like most things, the quality of the apple cider vinegar (ACV) matters. When purchasing ACV, select only raw organic vinegar—unlike other refined clear vinegars, this will be a murky brown color with sediment-like substance that settles to the bottom. It might not look pretty, but it’s the best and only option you should choose. You’ll also see labels that say “with the Mother,” sounds odd, but this means that it includes living nutrients and bacteria—this is the cobweb-like substance you’ll see floating in the vinegar.
ACV Uses and Benefits
There are various ways you can take ACV—take a small dose of around 1 to 2 teaspoons a day, dilute a spoonful in a glass of water, add it to an organic juice (preferably made in your juicer) or even mix it into your salad. Be cautious with use of undiluted ACV; it is highly acidic and can be harsh on your tooth enamel and digestive system .So do not risk it,first consult your doctor before use. Here are a few of the possible benefits of ACV use—we encourage you to do more research to find other potential health benefits:
– ACV Rich in potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
– It’s high in acetic acid ,with can attenuated the glucose and insulin—responses to a sucrose or starch load after a meal. A study done in 2004 and cited in Diabetes Care (an American Diabetes Foundation publication), demonstrated that participants with type 2 diabetes, prediabetes and even those without diabetes had better blood glucose readings when they took ACV before a meal. Those with type 2 saw a 25 percent improvement in their blood glucose levels.
– Some research has also indicated ACV use may lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
According to a study published in the British Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers found that if you consume just one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the morning, you’re naturally lowering your cholesterol because apple cider vinegar has been shown to increase bile production and support your liver.
Your liver and bile are very important for the processing of and creating cholesterol as well as breaking it down, so apple cider vinegar is a great way to lower your bad (LDL) cholesterol.
ACV can help lower blood pressure due to its powerful ability to balance the body’s pH. By breaking down fat and phlegm deposits in the body, it aids in better circulation and lower pressure against the arterial walls.Balancing your bodies pH can reduce your risk of chronic illnesses like cancer and can dramatically increase your energy.
– ACV can balance your pH level due to its alkaline-forming properties.This has also been shown to regulate the presence of candida(Yeast).Millions of people around the world struggle with candida and yeast. The side effects can be bad breath, lack of energy, Urinary Tract Infections(UTI’s) and digestive issues. ACV contains probiotics and a type of acid that promotes the growth of probiotics which help kill off candida. Remove sugar from your diet and consume 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar three times daily as part of a candida cleanse.
– It may help relieve heartburn.Some of the main causes of acid reflux and heartburn are an imbalanced stomach pH and lack of enzymes and probiotics. Apple cider vinegar is full of all of these nutrients. How do you take apple cider vinegar? Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drink it five minutes before meals to relieve acid reflux.
– Cure a Cold and Sore Throat.The antibacterial properties of the vinegar may neutralize the infection.Apple cider vinegar is the ultimate remedy to cure a cold and sore throat fast! Because it’s loaded with vitamins and probiotic-boosting acetic acid, it’s a great natural cure. Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in one glass of water then gargle three times daily to cure a cold.
While there is research that shows a strong correlation between ACV use and various health benefits, these tips are not meant to be used in place of the recommendations of your healthcare professional and remember: what works for some, might not work for others.
Thanks for reading!