The vegan mayonnaise from Indian walnuts is healthy variant for mayonnaise lovers and can be used for breakfast or dinner. It can also be used as an addition to dishes depending on the desires and tastes.
Indian Walnut is an evergreen tree that does not originate from India, as many think, but from South America, more precisely from the north eastern part of Brazil. In India, it was transferred by the Portuguese, and today you can find it in this country who is one of the world’s largest producers.
It’s been used for generations in South America for the remarkable properties it possesses and its proven results like a healthy food.
In addition to fact that the Indian walnut are used as a healthy snack, which can be found in supermarkets, it can also be used as an ingredients in the preparation of vegan mayonnaise.
For preparation of this mayonnaise we needed following ingredients:
– 1 cup not baked and unsalted Indian walnuts
– 1 and a half tablespoon mustard
– little brown sugar
– juice of half a lemon (depending on size)
– olive oil (we used 50 ml)
– water (we used 50 ml)
Method of preparation
– Put Indian walnuts in a bowl, and soak them with water.
– After that let them stand all night in the refrigerator.
– Next day, drain them out of water.
– Place them in a blender along with mustard, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, a little oil and water.
– Oil and water are added until a nice homogeneous mixture is obtained.
– Blend more time to get a smooth mixture.
One idea to consuming this mayonnaise
Enjoy in slices of integral bread smeared with this mayonnaise. Add salad of tomato, radish, green pepper and onion, which are is not seasoned with salt or oil, with purpose to all vegetables from this salad preserve their crunchy shape. Along with aroma of this mayonnaise, you will get tasty bite.
Advice: All ingredients from which this mayonnaise it’s made before preparation should be at room temperature for at least half an hour. After preparing this mayonnaise, put it in a jar and store it in a refrigerator, you can use it from 5 to 7 days.