Lecithin is the most common phospholipid (complex type of fat) in the body, witch is essential for normal body function, especially for vital organs such as heart, brain, liver, and nervous system.
Lecithin represents key building material for cell membranes, whose role is to provide the flow of nutrients into cells and eliminate harmful substances from cells. Lecithin performs two important functions in our body: minimizes the risk of heart attack and protects and nourishes brain cells.
Lecithin is destroys “bad” cholesterol in the blood and prevents grease sediments, mixed with minerals, to form on the walls of veins and arteries, resulting in heart problems. Lecithin prevents the build-up of these sediments and thus lowers blood pressure and chances of heart and brain stroke.
So, is it possible that this important substance is missing in the body?
If our standard diet contains much higher amount of fat than the optimum and is rich in processed food, then the need for lecithin is increased.Lecithin deficiency leads to increased nervousness, fatigue, tension and loss of strength. People who regularly Intake lecithin are quieter and during stressful situations more easily retain their own nerves strong.
Lecithin from sunflower has advantages over soy lecithin:
- 100% without GMO, unlike soybeans, which can be up to 90% genetically modified.
- Processing is done using a cold-pressing method that does not use chemical additives or preservatives.
- Rich with choline and essential fatty acids.
- It does not cause allergies like soybeans.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF LECITHIN FROM SUNFLOWER
- Prevents fat accumulation and bad cholesterol on the walls of the heart, arteries and veins (it turns the cholesterol and other fats into a mixture with water, which is then thrown out of the body).
- Cleans the walls of the blood vessels, improves their elasticity and strengthens cardiac muscles.
- Reduces the level of harmful cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Better memory and mental sharpness
- Participates in the construction of the nerves and improves function of the nervous system.
- Increases concentration and memory.
- In condition of stress it acts positively on the nervous system.
- Support for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Increased endurance, strength and better physical performance.
- It helps in detoxify and discarding fat from the liver.
- It facilitates the metabolism (lecithin is a burner and fat degrader).
- Increases reproductive ability and fertility in men.
- Reduces rheumatic joint pain (for people sensitive to weather changes).
- It strengthens the hair and thus prevents its decline.
- Prevents the formation of stones in the bile and improves the health of the bile.
- Breastfeeding mothers who constantly suffer from plugged ducts can get rid of the blockage.
- Support for functioning of the glands in women.
- Encourages the work of the intestines, facilitates ejection of poop and removes bloating.
The best sources of lecithin in food are egg yolks, soybeans, liver, peanuts, whole grains, whole milk and sunflower seeds.
Note: If you have a need to consume lecithin to resolve certain health conditions, despite the fact that you can satisfy choline needs through diet. The best approach is to follow the instructions on the supplements you buy, as well and especially their quality. Also, and very important, do not exceed the dose recommended by your doctor.
Thanks for reading!