Naturopathy is a health discipline that is based on healing on a natural basis. Although the term was established in 1895, this type of medicine was practiced many years before.
Body has ability to self-healing if it is provided him with appropriate conditions. Naturopathy is trying with their own treatments and contributions to understand the human body.
The basic principles have been laid since the time of Hippocrates:
– Nature has the power to heal
– Identify cause and treat it, and not just only symptoms
– Training your physical and mental condition
– Do not hurt
– Act like a teacher
Naturopathy is holistic branch which counts that the body has own ability to healing. Any procedure or method that has the basis for a natural approach will be in this area.
For this type of healing, there are several principles:
– Principle, Vis Medicatrix Naturae – Healing with the power of nature.
– Principle, Tolle Causam – Diagnosis and remove the cause of the disease, often involving the removal of multiple causes in the proper order.
– Principle, Primum Non Nocere – Non-violent treatment methods .Naturopathic doctors use methods and medicines that minimize the risk of harmful side effects.
– Principle Docere – Doctor as an advisor, the physician’s major role is to educate and encourage the patient to take responsibility for their own health.
In general, there are two directions in Naturopathy, western and eastern.
In the west direction, doctor uses various approaches and methods, such as herbal remedies, homeopathy, healthy eating, nutritionism, acupuncture, physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, and so on. In Canada and the United States, this skill can be studied at the faculty.
The Eastern direction is based on the same principles, but in practice exclusively used natural resources in our environment and the resources which humans possessed, at birth. In India, studies for Naturopathy last for 5 years, and are recognized is like the other medical faculties.
Naturopaths believe that, the body is in a natural balance. An unhealthy way of life and nutrition can impair that balance, which is expressed as a disease. With this practice, various diseases and problems can be treated like: allergy, asthma, back pain, hypertension, depression, menstrual pain, chronic fatigue, skin diseases, etc.
Thanks for reading!