Nettle syrup is often used to purify the blood, but it can also be a tasty and refreshing drink if you mix it with little mineral water and ice.
This juice is excellent against rheumatism and arthritis, and given that the nettle contains a lot of iron, it is recommended for the fight against anemia.
Juice can also be used by people with asthma and skin problems. It is also believed that it prevents respiratory and urinary problems, as well as hair loss.
The best thing is that you do not always have to dilute with water, simply pour the syrup over the pancakes and eat it for breakfast.
Simple nettle syrup
- 1 kg of young nettle leaves
- 2, 5 liters of water
- Sugar (500 grams on every 500 ml of liquid)
Method of preparation:
Wash off and sieve the nettle leaves (make sure that you wear protective gloves), then soak them in water and boil on medium heat around an hour, adding water as needed, to not evaporate completely. Afterwards, strain the mixture, add the sugar and mix until it melts entirely. Put the syrup in glass bottles and close them well.
Syrup of nettle, honey and lemon
- 400 grams of fresh nettle leaves
- Lemon juice from 6 bigger lemons
- 800 grams of sugar
- 5 tablespoons of meadow honey
- 1 liter of filtered water
Also, there is a trick if you dislike the idea with so much sugar: You can replace it with honey, but just a part, for example, replace 300 grams with 1 kg of honey, but do not boil it, just add it to the cooled off syrup. This mixture’s expiration date is shorter.
Method of preparation:
Wash off the nettle leaves and chop them. Add water to a pot and put sugar (for example, half brown, half white sugar) and put it on the stove, steering occasionally (when it begins to boil, leave it for 5 minutes). If foam appears on the surface, remove it with a spoon. Put the nettle in a ceramic container and add the sugar syrup. Then, cover it with a plate and press with a glass or a jar and leave it for 10 minutes. Afterwards, add the lemon juice and the honey. Squeeze the juice with your hands and remove the nettle. When you get the syrup, strain it if needed and this is it. Transfer the syrup into sterilized bottles, close them and store them in a cold and dark place.
You can prepare the juice by mixing ¼ of syrup with ¾ of water; the syrup can last for 6 months.
- Stimulating the lymphatic system and improving immunity
- Reducing the symptoms of arthritis
- Relief of the acids from joints
- Improvement in the functioning of adrenal gland
- Destruction of intestinal parasites
- Improve the functioning of the liver and spleen
- Reducing the symptoms of menopause
- Reducing menstrual cramps and pain
- Helps in dissolve kidney stones
- Reducing of hypertension
- Relief the symptoms of respiratory diseases
- Relief the symptoms of asthma
- Stopping the bleeding
- Reducing the risk of prostate cancer
- For eliminate allergic rhinitis
- For reducing nausea
- Treating colds
- Helps on the symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Reducing the problems with digestive system, such as diarrhea
- Reducing gingivitis
- Reducing inflammatory processes in the body
If you use any kind of blood thinner, do not drink syrup, juice or nettle tea. They contain a high amount of vitamin K. Vitamin K is used by the body to help blood clot. Nettle may affect the blood’s ability to clot, and could interfere with blood-thinning drugs.
During the pregnancy and breast-feeding, is best to avoid use of nettle. In the first case It might stimulate uterine contractions and cause a miscarriage.
Only one cup of nettle beverage can increase the effect of diabetes drugs, and increase the chance of low blood sugar levels to critical points.
Nettle might increase the risk of blood pressure dropping too low in people prone to low blood pressure. On the other hand, if use drugs to lower your blood pressure, you can reduce it to critical limits with nettle.
If you are using antidepressants, avoid nettle, because this may affect on dehydration.
Note: Natural recipes are not a substitute for traditional medicine, nor for medicines prescribed by a doctor. Natural recipes serve only as dietary supplements and prevention. Do not use them if you are hypersensitive to some of the natural Ingredients in this recipes.
Thanks for reading!
recipes source :healthtipssource.com